Becoming a member of a chapter allows you to take advantage of educational programs, newsletters, networking with other members in your region, and most importantly, being a part of a common voice for vascular nurses in a wide range of practice settings.
Contact Marie Rossi, SVN President-elect and Chapter Liaison, to assist with any questions surrounding your chapter or forming a chapter.
Society for Vascular Nursing Chapters
STARTING A CHAPTER
Your passion for patient care and vascular nursing are the perfect combination for establishing a local chapter in your area. These five simple steps will start you on your journey.
- A sincere interest and enthusiasm on the part of the SVN members to establish a chapter
- A minimum of five individuals (all must be SVN members) are needed to start a chapter. Non-SVN members are welcome to participate but are not eligible to vote or hold office.
- Chapters must be financially independent (See “Chapter Start-Up Information” on how to achieve this). Each chapter can set its own membership dues as necessary.
- Chapters will select a name that includes “SVN” in the title and develop local bylaws based on model bylaws that the national organization will provide for local chapters to adopt/adapt. Chapters have autonomy with respect to their mission, goals, objectives, and activities as long as there is no conflict with the national organization’s mission, goals, objectives, and activities.
- Chapters will pay an application fee of $60.00 to the National Office; a plaque and certificate will be given to each chapter. Chapters will pay an annual renewal fee of $30.00 to help offset postage and miscellaneous costs.